Sunday, October 30, 2005

Average American

According to the description on npr's website, writer Kevin O'Keefe set out to find the "most-average" American two or three years ago. He talked to magicians in Maryland and cattle farmers in Kansas, among others, then ended up in his hometown in Connecticut. The result, The Average American: The Extraordinary Search for the Nation's Most Ordinary Citizen, concludes that the following are true for a majority of Americans. Like other bloggers who have included this list on their sites (dustbury and absinthe & cookies among others),

- Eats peanut butter at least once a week (I only eat peanut butter ocasionaly).
- Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky (I like both equaly)
- Can name all Three Stooges (Larry, Curley and Moe
- Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart (Thankfully I don't, I've also never been inside of one).
- Eats at McDonald's at least once a year.(I gave up fast food years ago)
- Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day (I've never times myself).
- Never sings in the shower (Never)
- Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium (and I really love mine)
- Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000 (The dumps around here are going for over $700,000. Sadly I don't own one of those dumps).
- Has fired a gun (Sadly yes).
- Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall (True).
- Weighs 135 to 205 pounds (True).
- Is between the ages of 18 and 53 (True).
- Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option (nope)
- Grew up within 50 miles of current home (5 miles).
Now it's your turn.

No comments: