Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Knit 10 items from your stash before you buy more yarn.

That is a noble title. Yes, I did sign up to knit 10 items from my stash before I bought more yarn. I broke the rules before I finished signing up. LOl
So my new goal is to knit 10 items from my stash. I do not know if that is my goal for the whole year or just the next 6 months. Let's just see how I handle this.
So I have a list of items to make. Of course I can't think of 10 items right now.
1. Heather's socks (Lion Brand Magic Strip) She is actually knitting these. I am just helping her along the way.
2. Tony's Socks (Retro Rib Socks) I am on the gusset of the second sock.
3. Broad Street Mittens ( Cashmere yarn from School Products yarn shop in NYC. I bought this yarn in 2002)
4. Lynnette's Irish Hiking Scarf (I just ordered the yarn for this. I will start it as soon as the yarn arrives. It has been shipped)
5. Irish HIking Fingerliess Mitts (I have no idea what yarn I will use)
6. Irish Hiking Legging (yarn)?
7. Siobain's Broad Street Mittens ( One mitten already knitted)
8. Broad Street Mittens for Heather (The same Magic Strip yarn as for her socks. I have the yarn in my stash
9. Brian's Sweater (The flame sweater from Stitch'n Bitch Nation. I need to buy the 7 skeins of black yarn.
10. A hat out of the Lambs Pride Superwash sitting on my bookcase. Probably for Brian.
There that seems like a doable list.
Items I knit for 2005
1. Tony's Irish Hiknig Scarf
2. 4 Cotton Squares for blanket( I of course did not take a picture of the squares.
I wonder how long will it take me to knit everything on this list. I do find new things to knit every day.

No comments: