Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm back.

Tuesday the kids and I went to my mothers. Took her to her Dr's appt. Went for lots of walks. Relaxed.
It was storming on our trip up. Then the rain stopped and the sun came out and got warmer each day.
I knit on Brian's sweater on the way up and back.
My yarn from Knit Picks arrived just before I left. So I was able to finish the Irish Hiking wrist warmers. They are very soft.
I also recieved my Shimmer yarn. Started the Clapotis on size 5 needles. Have about 80 stitches. I can't decide if I like it or not. I'll let it lie for a while and then decide if I want to rip it out or not.
Trip home today was uneventful. Just the way I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am using shimmer for my clapotis but I am using size 7 needles with 2 strands of it and it is coming out great you should give that a try.

Dympna said...

I read about a few that are using the Shimmer as double strands on 7's. I just didnt' want to double the yarn. How is the drape? How many skeins do you think you will use?